Course Information Sheet
Download the course information sheet here for more information about the course. Please scroll down to locate the dates/times and registration links for this programme.
Who is this course for?
This course is aimed at practitioners who completed the full Level 5 Safeguarding Adults for Managers Accredited Programme, over three years ago, and now require an update.
The Level 5 Safeguarding Adults for Managers Accredited Programme is valid for three years, and after this period, practitioners who completed the course must undertake an update.
Why should I complete this course?
There have been significant changes to practice over the past two years. New ways of working have fundamentally challenged safeguarding practice, demanding from practitioners the ability to think creatively and utilise technology in new ways to work proactively.
In a rapidly changing environment where multiple and dynamic risks present, practitioners must be able to act promptly drawing confidently on both relevant legislation and case law.
What is covered in this course?
Practitioners will get the opportunity to consider and apply new case law to their own practice. They will learn about updates in legislation such as changes to the MCA (Mental Capacity Act) Code of Practice and implementation of the LPS (Liberty Protection Safeguards).
Practitioners will explore pro-active strategies in relation to reducing restrictive practices and will also get the opportunity to learn about how Root Cause Analysis can aid in the analysis of incidents where unexpected or avoidable injury has resulted in harm.
Course Learning Outcomes:
- Describe the key themes from recent Safeguarding Adults Reviews and how learning can be applied to own practice.
- Give examples of workforce development strategies that enable staff to work in pro-active ways.
- Describe how Root Cause Analysis can aid service improvement.
- Identify updates in case law that impact safeguarding practice.
- Explain the changes from the Deprivation of Liberty Safeguards (DoLS) to Liberty Protection Safeguards (LPS).
- Identify the interface between the Mental Health Act and the Mental Capacity Act.
How is this course assessed?
This course is accredited; therefore, practitioners must meet all the criteria to receive the certificate. The Level 5 Safeguarding Adults for Managers Accredited Refresher Course assessment includes:
- Completion of a workbook
- Completion of short online tests
How long is this course?
The guided learning hours for this course are 20. This includes:
- 4 hours on private study, research, and reflection.
- 6 hours attending the taught (live) sessions. There will be two 3-hour live taught sessions.
- 4 hours on the flipped learning activity (activity between the live sessions).
- 4 hours on completing the workbook.
- 2 hours to complete the short online tests.
What resources would be made available to the course attendants?
Candidates will receive:
- Workbook and Tests
- PREVENT Safeguarding Tool/Additional Tools, Handouts, Infographics and Resources
What is the location, date and time of the course?
There are two open cohorts available for this course. The open cohorts will be delivered online via Zoom. We would be happy to deliver the course on different dates/across different platforms if you would like to book a private cohort for your staff members. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to book a private cohort for this course.
Open Cohort 1 – July 2022
- Part 1– Thursday 30 June 2022 – 13:30 to 16:30
- Part 2– Thursday 07 July 2022 – 13:30 to 16:30
Open Cohort 2 – September 2022
- Part 1– Friday 16 September 2022 – 10:00 to 13:00
- Part 2– Friday 23 September 2022 – 10:00 to 13:00
What is the cost of the course and what are the payment options?
The cost of the course is £400 + VAT (including admin fees); £480 in total. This needs to be paid at least 14 days before the start of the course. Refunds will only be applicable if at least 30 days’ notice is given before the course start date. Tickets cannot be transferred to alternative course dates. Admin fees are non-refundable.
You can pay in instalments (over 3 instalments). The first payment would be 50% of the total cost, with the two further payments both collecting 25% of the total cost. Payment over instalments requires your booking on the course to be made at least 2 months before the course start date. All instalments would need to be paid at least 14 days ahead of the course start date. Please do contact us to discuss payment options that would be suitable to you. You contact us via email at email@example.com or call us on 01442 368464.