Level 5 Diploma in Leadership and Management for Adult Care
This qualification brings excellent career opportunities as it is the required qualification to be a Registered Manager with the CQC. It provides learners with the opportunity to understand the role of the care service manager by taking a strategic view of the business, understand how to work effectively with teams and organisations, how to deliver progressive outcome-based care and how to drive quality.
Qualification Information Sheet
Download the qualification information sheet here
Who should complete the Level 5 Diploma in Leadership and Management for Adult Care?
To complete this qualification, you need to be working in a real work setting as a leader or manager. This course is suitable for people working in both residential and community settings and both regulated and unregulated services. You need to be able demonstrate that you have responsibilities that enable you to generate the required evidence at level 5.
It is recommended that candidates have previously completed a level 3 or 4 Diploma in Adult Care. This qualification is also suitable for people who are starting up services. See below in the ‘Why should I do my qualification with 3 Spirit UK?’ section additional support provided for start-ups.
Why should I do my qualification with 3 Spirit UK?
3 Spirit UK is an established social enterprise and Centre of Excellence with Skills for Care. We offer
over 300 courses in health and social care and offer specialisms in autism, dementia, learning disabilities, mental health, health and safety and safeguarding.
Our Care Start Up package also includes support with Registered Managers interviews and
understanding governance and regulatory processes.
How long is the qualification?
The minimum Guided Learning Hours are 562. The qualification should take between 9 – 18 months.
What is involved in the qualification and how is it assessed?
You will be required to:
- Meet with your assessor at least once a month
- Complete all assignments on time
- Generate evidence from your workplace
- Be observed in practice
- Access learning resources and upload evidence onto an online portfolio
Learners must achieve a minimum of 80 credits to achieve the Level 5 Diploma in Leadership and
Management for Adult Care (RQF). Learners must achieve 60 credits from mandatory units and the
remaining credits from the optional units (See Qualification Units Below).
What is the cost of the qualification and what are the payment options?
The cost of the course is £2500 + VAT. This needs to be paid before the start of the training. Refunds will only be applicable if at least 30 days’ notice is given before the agreed course start date. You can pay over monthly/termly installments. Please do contact us to discuss payment options that would be suitable to you. You contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 01442 368464 .
Is there funding towards the qualification?
You can claim up to £1500 from Workforce Development Funds (Skills for Care). To find out where
your local partnership is, call Skills for Care on 0113 241 1275. You must be ‘Adult Social Care
Workforce Data Set’ compliant. To find out more about this, access the Skills for Care help pages.
Qualification Core Units
1. Principles of leadership and management in adult care
2. Lead and manage a team within adult care
3. Governance and regulatory processes in adult care
4. Communication and information management in adult care
5. Partnership working in adult care
6. Outcomes based person-centered practice in adult care
7. Manage continuous improvement in adult care
8. Equality, diversity and inclusion in adult care
9. Supervision and performance management in adult care
10. Resource management in adult care
11. Safeguarding and protection in adult care
12. Risk-taking and risk management in adult care
13. Managing concerns and complaints in adult care
14. Manage self for leadership in adult care
15. Decision making in adult care
16. Entrepreneurial skills in adult care
17. Innovation and change in adult care
Have more questions or would like to learn more?
You can email us at email@example.com or call us on 01442 368464 .Follow Us