Safer Moving & Positioning – Open Course
We are running an open Safer Moving & Positioning course on Thursday 25th April at the Maylands Business Centre between 10am and 1pm.
During this 3 hour practical & interactive training session, individuals will learn how to improve their manual handling techniques, minimising risk to themselves and others in a home setting. Attendees will practice a range of manoeuvres ensuring that they can implement best practice techniques safely & with confidence. Click here to see what people thought of this course.
• State the basic anatomy of the spine
• List the legislation relevant to moving and positioning
• Identify the role of risk assessments in reducing risk
• Describe ways to maximise independence and reduce risks
• Demonstrate a range of techniques to safely manoeuvre clients
• List the types of equipment suitable for a range of manoeuvres
• List ‘controversial manoeuvres’ and explain the impact of poor practice
Location of the Course
Maylands Business Centre, Redbourn Road, Hemel Hempstead, Hertfordshire, HP2 7ES.
Course Date & Time
The course will run on Thursday 25th April between 10am and 1pm.
Cost of the Course
£45 per person. If you are a service operating in Hertfordshire and are a member of HCPA you may be able to claim £20 towards the cost of the training. Learn more about claiming your funds here.
Book onto the Course
Interested in booking onto the course ? Contact us here or call us on 01442 368464 .