- Define incontinence
- Describe the possible impact, including psychological and social impact, of incontinence on an older person, recognising it is unique to each individual person.
- Develop a very basic awareness of the anatomy and physiology of the bladder, bowel and urinary tract
- Identify the types of urinary incontinence.
- Describe the common causes of urinary and faecal incontinence
- Identify the process of holistic assessment to identify causative factors of incontinence
- Describe strategies to promote continence using a person-centred approach
- Recognise the relationship between dignity and promoting continence