This course is aimed at practitioners working with adults or children on the Autism spectrum. It provides a range of practical strategies to enhance communication, engagement, and wellbeing. It is recommended that individuals complete a basic course before attending this one.
- Describe how and why Autism impacts differently from individual to individual across the ‘spectrum’ of the condition
- Identify a variety of theories that relate to various aspects of the Autistic condition and explain how these theories relate to individuals
- Identify potential causes of stress and describe how increased stress may be communicated by the individual
- Detail a range of communication and practical tools/strategies that will effectively support the individual
- Describe the importance of reflecting on practice and define how this can be used to improve services
- State how sensory differences may impact on the responses that an individual gives to sensory stimuli