This course is aimed at Registered Nurses and Healthcare Assistants who are involved in supporting bowel care across a range of settings. The course includes the basic anatomy and physiology of the lower bowel, the causes and consequences of constipation and faecal incontinence and person-centred strategies to alleviate bowel problems.
By the end of the course candidates will be able to:
- Describe the basic anatomy and physiology of the lower bowel.
- Describe the principles of maintaining a healthy bowel.
- Identify the different types of stools.
- Describe the common causes of faecal incontinence.
- Identify the relationship between dignity and promoting bowel function.
- Identify the process of holistic assessment to identify causative factors of bowel problems.
- Describe strategies to promote bowel action using a person-centred approach.
- Identify the roles of the multidisciplinary team who may be involved in prompting bowel function.
- Identify own boundaries in providing bowel care and when to report and record concerns.
Book onto the Course
Interested in learning more and/or booking onto the course ? You can contact us here or call us on 01442 368464 .Share Us