This course is aimed at Registered Nurses and Healthcare Assistants who are involved in supporting people with PEG feeding tubes across a range of settings. The course includes describing a PEG feeding tube, reasons for insertion, potential complications and ways to maintain a safe PEG feeding tube.
By the end of the course candidates will be able to:
- Describe what is meant by a percutaneous endoscopic gastrostomy feeding tube.
- Explain why a person may require a PEG feeding tube.
- Describe how to care for PEG feeding tubes adhering to infection control policies.
- Explain how to administer food, fluid, and/or medication safely.
- Describe the potential complications of a PEG feeding tube and how to respond to complications.
- Identify why, and how, to provide effective mouth care.
- Describe the possible impact upon a person when not being able to ingest food and fluids orally.
Book onto the Course
Interested in learning more and/or booking onto the course ? You can contact us here or call us on 01442 368464 .Follow Us