Tier 2 (Subject 6) Dementia Health and Well-being Training Course
This course outlines the importance of maintaining physical and mental health in relation to someone living with dementia. This course provides information on how to tackle: nutrition, hydration, pain, continence care and sleep. Participants will develop a basic understanding of holistic approaches to health, but are provided with some practical information in supporting activities of daily living. The course is mapped to tier 2 – Dementia Core Skills Education Framework (subject 6). This course is delivered in an engaging way, and participants get the opportunity to engage in experiential learning activities.
- Explain why it is important to maintain good physical and mental health.
- Describe how to identify a person’s heath needs including malnutrition, pain, dehydration, falls and fatigue
- List the signs of delirium and the signs of dementia, recognising delirium is a medical emergency
- Describe the possible impact, including psychological and social impact, of incontinence.
- Describe the potential causes of, and impact of loneliness and the importance of maintaining social engagement
- Describe possible ways to support ADL’s in a person centred manner.