Name of Course
TQUK Level 2 Certificate in Supporting Individuals with Learning Disabilities (RQF).
Who is the course suitable for?
Anybody working in a role that involves learning disability services, working with someone that has a learning disability or anybody aiming to develop their knowledge of learning disabilities services.
There are no specific entry requirements however learners should have a minimum of level one in literacy and numeracy or equivalent.
The qualification is suitable for learners of 16 years of age and above.
The purpose of the qualification is to develop knowledge and competence for individuals who:
- already work in Health and Social care but are new to learning disability services
- work in learning disability services and want a short qualification for CPD
- have a job role not exclusively focused around supporting individuals with learning disabilities, but have some contact and wish to develop relevant skills and knowledge
- are community and volunteer carers whose role includes contact with individuals with learning disabilities
- have other roles such as employment support worker, dementia care adviser or palliative care professional and wish to develop their service to meet the needs of a wider range of service users
Cost of the Course
Funding opportunities available.
Mandatory Units/Course Content
|Unit||Level||Guided Learning Hours||Credit Value|
|Understand the context of supporting individuals with learning disabilities||2||35||4|
|Support person-centred thinking and planning||2||34||5|
|Introduction to communication in health, social care or children’s and young people’s settings||2||23||3|
In addition to the mandatory units, there are 34 optional units (minimum of 9 credits) that you would be required to choose from for completing the course.
Length of Course
145 Guided Learning Hours (GLH) over 3-6 months.
The assessment for the course will be undertaken through a range of workbooks.
Successful learners can progress to other qualifications such as:
TQUK Level 2 Diploma in Care
TQUK Level 3 Diploma in Adult Care
TQUK Level 3 Certificate in Supporting Individuals with Learning Disabilities
Or to an apprenticeship in Health or Care
Delivery methods for the course may vary but will involve either taught sessions or distance learning.
In order to receive certification for the course, a total of 21 credits must be achieved. The mandatory units listed in the Mandatory Units/ Course Content section carry a total of 12 credits. Therefore, a minimum of 9 credits from the optional units must be completed for obtaining the course certification.Follow Us